At times, students or faculty will upload a video to SRU MediaSpace and send the share link to their students or classmates, only to find that others are prompted to sign in and receive a “not authorized” message. Here is how to set your video so that anyone with the link can view it:
- Navigate to http://media.sru.edu (or click the MediaSpace) button at the top of D2L). Click Guest in the upper-right corner, then Login. Sign in with your SRU username and password.
- After signing-in, you’ll be taken back to the MediaSpace home screen. Click on your name in the upper-right corner, then choose My Media
- You’ll be given a list of all of your videos. Find the one in question, then click on its title
- Beneath the player window, click the Actions button, then click +Publish
5. In the options that appear, click the bubble for Unlisted, then click Save.
By doing this, anyone you’ve shared your video link with will be able to view it without signing-in. If you need to retrieve the link for the video, click Share and copy it from there: