Recording a WebCam Video Within D2L
One little-known feature hiding within D2L is the ability for instructors to record webcam videos and instantly post them to a course. Here’s how:
1) From the Content tool in D2L, select the module in which you would like to post your video
2) Click New, then Create a File
3) In the next screen, type a title for your video, then click the “Insert Stuff” button (shown below)
4) In the next screen, click the Webcam button on the left-hand side, then “Allow” at the security prompt
5) You webcam will activate. Position yourself in the center of the frame, then click Record when you are ready to begin your video. Click STOP when you are done.
6) When you are finished with your video, click NEXT in the lower-right corner of the window. In the next screen, type a title for your video, then click NEXT again.
7) Click Insert to finish.
8) In the final screen, click Publish to make the video available to your students.