Posting Files to D2L – Bare Basics
One of the most common uses for Desire2Learn is to upload and distribute handouts and other documents to your students. Here is our quick, one minute guide:
1) After logging in to your D2L course, click Content.
2) If you are working in a BRAND-NEW D2L course, before you can begin uploading files, you must create at least one module. To create a module, click the “Add a module…” button in the lower-left corner
3) In the text box that appears, type “Course Documents,” then hit Enter on your keyboard
4) When the page refreshes, click the blue New button, then choose Upload File
5) Click the Upload button in the center of pop-up window that appears
6) Browse your computer for the file that you would like to upload, then click Open
7) Click Add to finish
You will be taken back to the main Manage Content screen, and your file will now be available for viewing by your students.
Note: You only have to create one module. To upload additional files, you can start with step 4 above.