There is no need to re-upload all of your course materials every semester. In just a few clicks you can copy the materials from your old courses into your new courses. Here’s what to do:
1) After signing in to Desire2Learn, go to your NEW, EMPTY course into which you want to copy the older course
2) Click on Edit Course in the course navbar. It is the last button to the right.
3) In the Course Administration screen, locate the Import/Export/Copy Components link
4) Leave the bubble selected for “Copy Components from another Desire2Learn Course.” Then click Search for Offering.
5) The window that appears will allow you to select the old course that has the materials that you would like to copy. To narrow down your search, type the year of the last offering in the search box, then hit enter. In this example, the prof wishes to copy from an offering of ELEC-629 from 2017:
6) Click the bubble to the left of the course offering, then click Add Selected.
7) The pop-up window will disappear. Click Copy All Components at the bottom of the screen, OR click Select Components if you’d like to pick and choose which items to copy (for instance, just a single quiz).