Course Copy in Desire2Learn
There is no need to re-upload all of your course materials every semester. In just a few clicks you can copy the materials from your old courses into your new courses. Here’s what to do:
1) After signing in to Desire2Learn, click in to your NEW, EMPTY course.
2) Click on Edit Course in the course navbar. It on the right side of the screen.
3) In the Course Administration screen, locate the Import/Export/Copy Components link (it’s in the center-middle)
4) Leave the bubble selected for “Copy Components from another Desire2Learn Course.” Then click Search for Offering.
5) The window that appears will allow you to select the old course that has the materials that you would like to copy. To narrow down your search, type the year of the last offering in the search box, then hit enter.
6) Click the bubble to the left of the course offering, then click Add Selected.
7) The pop-up window will disappear. Click Copy All Components at the bottom of the screen.
8) The course copy process will commence, and a status bar will show the progress in the next screen. When it completes, you may click on Course Home to return to the home page of the course and begin revising.
WARNING – COPYING INDIVIDUAL COMPONENTS
We strongly suggest that, when copying from one course to another, that you simply check off the Copy All Components option. It is far easier to copy over everything, then afterward go into your Content area and trash the handouts you don’t want.
You can, however, pick and choose individual modules or folders to copy over. However, if you do this, you must also select the “Course Files” option.
IF YOU CHOOSE TO COPY JUST THE CONTENT FROM YOUR OLD COURSE, BUT DO NOT SELECT COURSE FILES, THEN ALL OF THE LINKS IN YOUR COURSE WILL SHOW UP AS BROKEN.