By default, when your students finish a quiz in Desire2Learn, they are shown their scores, and nothing else. Many instructors ask how to change the feedback given by D2L so that students can see which questions were missed. The following instructions can be followed either before a test/quiz is deployed, so that students can see their missed questions instantly, or, for slightly better security, after the test/quiz, so that it’s more difficult to share correct answers:
1) Click on Quizzes in your course navbar.
2) Click on the name of the quiz/test of interest.
3) You will be taken to the Quiz Properties screen. You will notice that there are a series of tabs running across the top of the page. Click on the tab labeled Post-Test Feedback.
4) In the next screen, click on the link labeled Default View
5) Scroll down to the bottom half of the next screen and look under View Details
6) Click the bubble for Show Questions, and then click the bubble for Show questions answered incorrectly. Optionally, you may also check “Show Question Answers.”
7) Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click Save when you are done.
How Do My Students See the Feedback/Answers?
We have a handout explaining how to view quiz feedback posted to the student welcome screen. You can refer your students there if they have any questions.