Creating a Wimba Classroom
Wimba is a third-party add-on to D2L that allows you and your students to participate in real-time webinar sessions. Wimba allows faculty and students to use voice, text, and video chat, as well as share documents over the web. Here is how to create a Wimba classroom in your course.
1) Click on the Content button in the navbar of your course.
2) Use the New Module button to create a new module. Call it “Wimba Classroom.”
3) After creating the Wimba Classroom module, use the New Topic button to create a new Quicklink.
4) For the title of the Quicklink, type in “Wimba Classroom – Click Here” or simply “Click Here.”
5) Across from the URL textbox, click on the “Insert a Quicklink”button (circled below).
Creating the Individual Wimba Rooms
After you have completed the above steps, click on the Content button in your course navbar, then click on the newly-creedeated Wimba Classroom link.
To create your Wimba room, click on the New button. In the next screen, fill out a title for your room (“Lecture Hall” or “Live Classroom” are common choices), then click Save.
Launching the Room
Click on the title of your newly-created room, then click the Launch button.
You only need to run through these steps once! The room that you create can be used again and again.
If you would like guests from outside of the university to be able to access the room, click on the Access tab in the room creation screen, then check off Enable Guest Access. You will be shown a URL that you can copy and share.
To view archives of a session, click on the little plus sign to the left of your room title (seen in the example above).